Well I FINALLY got my green card on Wednesday, October 8th so Jon, Alyssa and myself packed up and headed to Canada for the Canadian Thanksgiving (the real one...haha).
We drove after work Thursday and arrived in Windsor (at Vanessa's) around 11:30pm, visited with Andrea, Kevin, Parker and Essa then went to bed to get some rest for Friday's big day. We got up early and were greeted with EXTRA LARGE TIM HORTON'S COFFEE'S (thank you Anne Marie!!!). We got dressed and packed up and headed to Cambridge where I FINALLY got to meet my niece Allie.
FINALLY MEETING MY BEAUTIFUL NIECE ALLIE:
After a WONDERFUL visit with Duane, Nicki, Allie (and Tiger) we headed off to surprise Mom and Dad!! We arrived Friday night at around 5:30pm. I carried Alyssa up to the door while Jon followed behind and got the whole surprise on video. The reactions were PRICELESS!!!! Dad could not believe his eyes when he opened the door and saw us standing there. He gave us all big hugs with tears in his eyes and told us that Mom, Meme and Pepe were outside looking at Mom's flowers in the garden. So we quietly walked outside, Meme saw us first and let out a big scream. Mom and Pepe thought she fell and quickly turned around only to see Alyssa and I standing there. Lots of tears and hugs were shared. It was a truly amazing surprise...don't think I'm going to be able to top it!!
In the car on our way to surprise Mom and Dad:
Here's a video we took of the surprise:
Later that night Aunt Eleanor, Nicole and Eric arrived and were quite surprised to see us. The next day Grandma and Uncle Kevin came as well as Duane, Nicki and Allie and we had a FABULOUS Thanksgiving Day Dinner with lots of family present (Matthew arrived that night too). It was a Thanksgiving Day that we'll never forget.

Alyssa and Allie - Playing and holding hands (I cried)




Alyssa's first time in Canada:


Tuesday, October 14, 2008
SURPRISE!!!! Happy Thanksgiving Canada!
Posted by ~*~Crystal~*~ at 12:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment